Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We Read More

Anyone ever tell you that you should read more? not me. No one is surprised to see me with a book. In some ways, books are my guilty pleasures. They are my soap operas and sitcoms, as well as my chocolate and cinnamon toast crunch (such a good cereal).
I want to a poll of all the books that are people's guilty pleasure type books, and I am going to provide, first, a guess list, until I know for sure. If you haven't read these, then shame one you.
1. Harry Potter
2. Hunger Games
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. Insert yours here.
5. The Demon King
6. The Goose Girl
7. The Chosen
8. Anne of Green Gables
9. Pride and Prejudice
I know I can only advocate reading for so long. I want to start talking about my favorite books, and why I love them so much. So you can all prepare to tune out, for in the future, after I read a new book, my report on it will stand right here.
Happy Reading

1 comment:

  1. I liked the first few Harry Potter books. I disliked the latter half of the series. To Kill a Mockingbird was a required book for school and the teacher chose to teach it in a way that was insulting, so I disliked that also. However....

    I liked Anne of Green Gables, in multiple media. My guilty pleasure books are Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series, specifically Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, and Magic's Price. And the short stories. And Exile's Honor/Exile's Valor and the trilogy of-- okay, fine, I like the entire world. Guilty pleasure even a decade and a half after I read them in elementary school.

    I think reading in general is a guilty pleasure. I've been told -- too many times -- that I should stop reading so much. But I can't. <3

    ~Kei

    ReplyDelete